You are not connected to the UTC Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. UTC Off-Campus Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Biography Juvenile literature
|Named Person:||S Emma E Edmonds; S Emma E Edmonds; S Emma E Edmonds|
|Material Type:||Biography, Elementary and junior high school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||ix, 130 pages ; 18 cm.|
|Series Title:||Great episodes.|
When war erupts between the States in 1861, President Lincoln makes an impassioned plea for volunteers. Determined not to remain on the sidelines, young Emma Edmonds poses as a man and enlists in the Union Army, becoming a cunning master of disguise, risking discovery and death behind Confederate lines. Illustrations. In 1861, when war erupted between the States, President Lincoln made an impassioned plea for volunteers. Determined not to remain on the sidelines, Emma Edmonds cropped her hair, donned men's clothing, and enlisted in the Union Army. Posing in turn as a slave, peddler, washerwoman, and fop, Emma became a cunning master of disguise, risking discovery and death at every turn behind Confederate lines.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Edmonds, S. Emma E. -- (Sarah Emma Evelyn), -- 1841-1898 -- Juvenile literature.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Secret service -- Juvenile literature.
- Spies -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Edmonds, S. Emma E. -- (Sarah Emma Evelyn), -- 1841-1898.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Secret service.
- Edmonds, S. Emma E. -- (Sarah Emma Evelyn), -- 1841-1898
- Secret service.
- United States.